Design Tip #7 – How to give your garden a facelift
Some questions to ask yourself:
- First of all step back and look critically at your garden.
- What do you like about your garden?
- What don’t you like about your garden?
- What is essential?
- What is missing?
- If you want to add a feature – why is this?
- Do you have a gap to fill? Do you need to focus for the eye? For example adding a sculpture
- Before you buy anything new think – can I move things around especially the plants and shrubs
- If you are changing your hard landscaping such as paths, walls, decking etc, ask should I throw this away or is it just a matter of reusing it elsewhere – recycle where possible.
- Think less is more – simplify…..
If you need help answering these questions then do contact me.